for a while i hadn’t been wanting to talk about rape discourse within mainstream feminism. one might say i was afraid.
rape is such a sensitive topic. & i felt i would be trivializing it if i talked about what had been on my mind since i came out with the fact that i myself was raped.
which is, that mainstream feminism does a fucking sucky job at examining the politics of rape with in [T]Woc communities and men also.
i was scared to tell white rape survivors, that [T]WoC need space in the survivor conversation as well. that they are dominating it. that they need to recognize [T]WoC are raped at higher rates. that they cannot claim to have survivor solidarity with [T]WoC if they continue to ignore that mainstream feminism is shitty. but as Woc rape survivor, I can no longer worry about white fee fees. i can no longer worry about those who get the most attention, the most services, the most comfort.
yes, i know, rape culture affects EVERYONE. & makes it so survivors’ experiences aren’t affirmed and we are blamed for our own violation. we all deal with triggers. we all deal with trying to get our lives back.
but WoC aren’t even seen as victims. ever. we’re always impure. always dirty. always hypersexual. always hoes. white womyn dont have to deal with that. we’re starting from scratch.
[T]WoC’s suffering from sexual violence will never be accurately recognized until we are recognized throughly as human beings with basic needs & emotions. & mainstream feminism refuses to do that. we will continue to be murdered, raped, and beaten because it is profitable for the US. Mainstream feminism has shown that they side with US imperialism and politics, therefore, white feminists and others who engage in mainstream feminism as is are complicit within [T]WoC’s death and suffering. they are NOT in solidarity with [T]WoC survivors and I can no longer be in solidarity with those who refuse to criticize and complicate mainstream feminism. This is why this blog is crucial, it is important for us to connect with each other, to create spaces where we are resist in our existence, where can talk about the failings of mainstream feminism, where we carve out our own space based on recognizing and affirming each other’s experiences, humanity, and identities.
with that being sad, i’d just like to say what a rewarding experience for me (& I’m sure all of the other admins) to facilitate this space. thank you all for following. please continue to spread the word. if you feel comfortable, please submit suggestions, critiques, pictures of yourself doing self-care, tips, or stories, and send us questions! You may submit or ask anonymously.
sending love and encouragement to you all.
- kiskidee likes this
- insertwittyremarkhere reblogged this from communityandresistance
- insertwittyremarkhere likes this
- asongmadesweeter likes this
- slutwalkhamilton reblogged this from jessprominski
- jessprominski reblogged this from slutwalkdenver
- slutwalkdenver reblogged this from rapeculturerealities
- brightnote likes this
- captain-sonic reblogged this from iamthecrime
- usedbandaid likes this
- captain-sonic likes this
- iamthecrime reblogged this from rapeculturerealities
- teacherdee reblogged this from rapeculturerealities
- sexistfacebookdudes likes this
- rapeculturerealities reblogged this from fatbodypolitics and added:
- gahmani likes this
- ibloodbenddicks reblogged this from afrafemme
- fatbodypolitics likes this
- fatbodypolitics reblogged this from afrafemme
- sb-deactivated2032432 likes this
- wretchedoftheearth likes this
- afrafemme reblogged this from communityandresistance
- shutupilovethissong likes this
- kiriamaya likes this
- darkthoughtsbrightdays reblogged this from femmadilemma and added:
- joysanchez likes this
- ev0lv-ed likes this
- femmadilemma reblogged this from afrafemme
- witchsistah likes this
- thinx-of-a-xicana likes this
- spawnofhumanbeings reblogged this from afrafemme
- thecoffeebreaklife likes this
- osobigbear likes this
- theanimalnamesofplants likes this
- communityandresistance posted this